Ranch-to-table recipe: You and your guests will enjoy this festive Pomegranate Mandarin Salad with Avocado and Feta. Arrange it like a holiday wreath for an extra-special touch – so fresh and colorful with feta “snow” on top!
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Servings 4
- 4 cups romaine lettuce with other crisp mixed greens, if desired
- 1 long English cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 California Avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 mandarin oranges peeled and sectioned, pith removed
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup pecans toasted
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar or Champagne vinegar
- 1 small shallot finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon each, sea salt and pepper
- To make a wreath-shaped salad, place a small bowl for the vinaigrette in the center of a larger round shallow
bowl or platter.
- Arrange bite-sized pieces of romaine or other greens in the bowl around the small dish. Top with remaining
ingredients, finishing with feta cheese and pecans.
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together and pour into the small bowl in the center of the serving bowl.
- Serve and drizzle vinaigrette overall just before serving.
- Note: If you’re not serving this salad right away, add the avocado just before serving to prevent browning.
🥑 Order premium California Avocados for this recipe from Rossi Ranch – delivered farm-fresh to your door!