Avocados are a great source of dietary fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K and folate, and they are very low in cholesterol and sodium. Avocados contain mono-unsaturated fats that actually help lower blood cholesterol levels in the body. Most fruit consists primarily of carbohydrate, while avocado is high in healthy fat. Here are more health benefits that are supported by scientific research.
- Avocado is incredibly nutritious
- They contain more potassium than bananas
- Avocados are loaded with fiber
- Eating avocados can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- People who eat avocados tend to be healthier
- The fat in them can help you absorb nutrients from plant foods
- Avocados are loaded with powerful antioxidants that can protect the eyes
- Avocados may help prevent cancer
- Avocado extract may help relieve symptoms of arthritis
- Eating avocado may help you lose weight
- Avocado is delicious and easy to incorporate in the diet
excerpts from: speciality produce and healthline.com
The following are online resources that promote a healthy lifestyle and they all L.O.V.E avocados!