Ranch-to-table recipe: The new comfort food – Fall Veggie Bowls with Charred Avocado! Loaded with whole grains, plant-based protein, and a plentitude of fall veggies & fruit. Pro tip: Pick up precooked beets & pre-shredded butternut squash to save big on prep time.
- Total time: 20 mins
- Serves 4
- 4 cups water
- 2 (3-oz.) pkg. boil-in-bag quinoa
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups grated peeled butternut squash
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 firm-ripe California Avocado
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces peeled cooked beets, quartered
- 1 medium Bosc pear, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over high. Add quinoa packages; cover and cook 10 minutes. Drain. Empty packages into a large bowl.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over high until foamy and light brown. Add squash, and cook, stirring often, until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add squash and parsley to quinoa; toss to combine.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over high. Halve the avocado and remove the pit – do NOT peel. Cut each half in half lengthwise to make 4 wedges. Coat cut sides with cooking spray, and add to skillet, cut sides down. Cook until charred, 15 to 20 seconds per side. Remove from pan; peel and discard skins.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, agave nectar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Divide quinoa mixture evenly among 4 bowls; top evenly with avocado, beets, pear, radishes, cheese, and almonds. Drizzle with dressing.
🥑 Order premium California Avocados for this recipe from Rossi Ranch – delivered farm-fresh to your door!