Ranch-to-table recipe: Get ready for something deliciously different! Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Avocado & Pecans – crisp, crunchy, and creamy! Perfectly vegan – perfect for meatless Mondays!
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Serves: 6-8
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2-1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 Hass Avocado, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400° and spread the pecans in a pie plate and bake for 5 minutes, until toasted. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the brussels sprouts until bright green, about 3 minutes. Drain well, cut in half and pat dry.
- On 2 large rimmed baking sheets, toss the brussels sprouts with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and turn them cut sides down. Roast in the upper and lower thirds of the oven for about 20 minutes, until just tender and nicely browned on the bottom; switch the baking sheets halfway through roasting.
- In a large bowl, toss the brussels sprouts with the pecans, avocado, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar, drizzle with honey and serve. Delish!
🥑 Order premium California Avocados for this recipe from Rossi Ranch – delivered farm-fresh to your door!