Ranch-to-Table Recipe: We should call this “Guilt-free” Creamy Lime & Avocado Tart because it’s vegan, gluten-free, and absolutely scrumptious. Its creamy avocado coconut filling and coconut pecan crust will make it a favorite dessert!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 8
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dates (about 12 dates)
- 1–2 teaspoons lime zest
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 California Avocados (about 1 1/2 cups of avocado puree)
- 1/4 cup of fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup coconut or agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Process the crust ingredients (coconut, pecans, dates, lime zest & sea salt) in a food processor until the dates have turned into sticky paste holding the crust ingredients together.
- Remove the mixture from the processor and press evenly into two mini springform pans.
- Place pans in the freezer while you make the tart filling.
- Blend filling ingredients (avocados, lime juice, agave, coconut oil & lime zest) in a high-speed blender or food processor until creamy.
- Taste-test for sweetness and adjust as desired.
- Pour half the avocado filling over the crust in one pan and then pour the remaining filling over the crust in the second pan.
- Make sure the filling is even & smooth.
- Place pans in the freezer for at least 2 hours (but can be overnight) to set up.
- Remove from freezer and remove the springform pan and let sit out for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Note: The filling will soften to a pudding-like texture the longer it sits out. Store any leftovers back in the freezer.
🥑 Order premium California Avocados for this recipe from Rossi Ranch – delivered farm-fresh to your door!