Ranch-to-table recipe: The season to serve and share hors d’oeuvres is upon us. Here’s something totally different, delicious, and fun: Crab & Avocado Toasts. Light and fresh, they’re a tasty break from the usual cheese & crackers.
- Total time: 30 mins
- Serves 8
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 8 slices crostini
- 2 California Hass avocados
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 4 ounces lump crab meat, picked over
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 350° and lightly brush a large baking sheet with olive oil. Using a 2-inch round biscuit cutter, stamp 4 rounds out of each slice of crostini and transfer to the baking sheet. Lightly brush the rounds with olive oil and toast for about 15 minutes, until they are lightly golden and slightly crisp.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocados with a pinch each of salt and cayenne pepper. In another small bowl, gently stir the crab meat with the mint and lime juice and season with salt. Spread the mashed avocado on the toasts, top with the crab mixture and serve right away.
🥑 Order premium California Avocados for this recipe from Rossi Ranch – delivered farm-fresh to your door!