Prep Time: 20 mins.
Cook Time: 30 mins.
Total Time: 1.5 hrs (includes cooling time)
Makes 16 brownies
- 2 large ripe avocados, mashed as well as you can (about 1-1/8 cups)
- 8 ounces high-quality dark chocolate, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 ounces high-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Liberally spray a 9-inch square pan with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, whisk mashed avocado and melt chocolate.
Whisk in sugar until combined, then add in eggs and vanilla extract, mixing well.
Add in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt, mixing with a large spoon until combined – don’t over mix.
Stir in avocado oil until it’s well distributed and the batter is somewhat smooth.
Fold in chopped chocolate, then spread batter in pan.
Bake for 28-32 minutes, or until middle is set.
Remove and let cool completely, then frost and top with grated chocolate if desired.
Add avocado to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until mashed and creamy.
With the mixer on low speed, add in vanilla then slowly add in powdered sugar, scraping down the sides if needed, until smooth frosting forms.
Frost brownies once cooled.
🥑 Get the creamiest, most delicious avocados for this recipe from Rossi Ranch Avocados – order today!