Ranch-to-table Recipe: Make your taste buds tingle & your body happy with a California Avocado Chickpea Salad Sandwich – it’s delicious, nutritious & easy to make! It’s also vegan, dairy-free & vegetarian.
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Total time: 10 mins
- Serves 4
- 1 can (15-oz.) chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans), rinsed & drained
- 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded & peeled
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 8 slices ripe tomato
- 2 whole wheat pitas, halved & opened
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas and avocado using a fork or masher until well combined but still chunky.
- Add lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- Arrange spinach and tomato in pita. Place ¼ mixture of salad into each pita, sink your teeth in & enjoy!
- Try cucumber slices, shredded carrots, or shredded radishes – or whatever sounds good!
🥑 Order premium California Avocados for this recipe from Rossi Ranch – delivered farm-fresh to your door!