Ranch-to-table recipe: Warm and delicious, these California-style Stuffed Bell Peppers are a healthy twist on a favorite cooler-weather meal. Avocados make this one of our favorites to serve!
- Total time: 60 mins
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 50 mins
- Serves 5
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks, 6″, diced
- 1 carrot, 6″, diced
- 1 zucchini, 6″, diced
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and cut in small cubes
- 6 bell peppers, large colorful, tops cut off
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. When hot, add onion and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add celery, carrots, and zucchini. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add ground chicken to pot and mix well. Cook for 6 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and avocados and mix well.
- Divide ground chicken mixture among bell peppers. Line up bell peppers on rimmed baking pan and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and carefully remove aluminum foil. Place back in the oven and cook for another 10 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Variations: You may use ground turkey instead of chicken and grape tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes.
🥑 Order premium California Avocados for this recipe from Rossi Ranch – delivered farm-fresh to your door!