Ranch-to-table recipe: Need to take a tasty sidedish to an event but only have 10 minutes to put it together? Try this California Coleslaw with Avocado – delicious goodness with essential nutrients!
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Total time: 10 mins
- Serves 8
- 16 cups cabbage, shredded* (green or mixed red and green)
- 2 cups carrots, shredded*
- 2/3 cup red onion, minced
- 2 serrano pepper, seeded and minced, optional
- 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled
- 1 cup poppy seed dressing
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- Combine cabbage, carrots, onion, and serrano.
- Dice half the avocado and set aside.
- Mash the remaining avocado and whisk in the dressing and dry mustard.
- Stir the dressing into the coleslaw vegetables, tossing until evenly coated.
- Gently fold in the diced avocado and serve immediately
- Variations: Stir in 1 cup fresh fruit, such as berries, tangerine or apple. Or stir in ½ cup crumbled crisp bacon.
Make it an entree – top with grilled scallops or shrimp.
*Or use 1 (14-oz.) bag coleslaw.
🥑 Order premium California Avocados for this recipe from Rossi Ranch – delivered farm-fresh to your door!