Ranch-to-table recipe: As the evenings begin to cool off, a quick-n-easy dinner sounds great, right? You & the family will love this California Avocado Chicken Burrito – so yummy!
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Total time: 35 mins
- Serves 4
- 1 cup tomatoes, finely diced
- 2/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2/3 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts (or protein of your choice)
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 flour tortillas, extra-large (or wrap of your choice)
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (vegan or otherwise)
- 2 heads green leaf lettuce, shredded
- 2 ripe, fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded & sliced
- Combine tomatoes, cilantro, white onion and lime juice in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium-high heat and add the chicken. Cook until browned and char marks start to appear, about 5 minutes.
- Flip and continue to cook until the chicken is browned and just cooked through (or reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F), about an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board and let cool. Chop the chicken into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add one tortilla at a time to the pan and sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over the top, cooking until the cheese just melts.
- Remove tortilla to a clean work space and add the lettuce, half of the chicken, slices of avocado and tomato/onion mixture.
- To assemble the burrito, fold the bottom half over the top half then pull the tortilla back to form the filling into a roll. Fold one side in then the other, then tightly roll the burrito.
- Heat the skillet to low-medium heat and add the burrito, wrap side down, to the skillet and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Flip and brown the other side, about another 2 minutes. Remove, cut in half and serve immediately. Repeat with the remaining tortilla and ingredients.
Recipe by Kylie Mazon (parentheses added by us!)
🥑 Order premium California Avocados for this recipe from Rossi Ranch – delivered farm-fresh to your door!