Ranch-to-table recipe: Want a simple lunch that packs a punch? Introducing the California Avocado, Bulgur & Egg Bowl – fiber & protein to fuel your day, great flavor to make you smile.
- Total time: 20 mins
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Serves 2
- 1 cup cooked bulgur, (made from about 3 tablespoons dry bulgur)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2/3 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. pepper, or to taste
- Optional: 2 Tbsp. cilantro, or basil, chopped sriracha, or other hot sauce for topping
- Optional Protein:
10 oz. salmon fillet, ahi tuna or other fish, seared (optional)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. olive oil
1. Cook bulgur according to package directions.
2. Heat a small non-stick skillet over low heat and scramble eggs to the desired doneness. Stir egg and garlic into cooked, drained bulgur.
3. Assemble lunch bowl with cooked bulgur and egg mixture, green onions and sliced avocado. Squeeze lime juice on avocado slices, add salt & pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped cilantro or basil and serve with sriracha or other hot sauce if desired.
4. If using optional protein, heat a flat top grill or large sauté pan to medium heat. Season the salmon on all sides with salt and pepper and coat the cooking surface with olive oil. Lay salmon, skin-side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, about 4 minutes. Slice salmon and place over or next to avocado in bowl. Serve & enjoy!
🥑 Order premium California Avocados for this recipe from Rossi Ranch – delivered farm-fresh to your door!