Ranch-to-table recipe: Spice up the season with yummy Avocado Spice Mini Cupcakes with Avocado Cream Cheese Frosting. Let there be cupcakes!
- Baking time: 20 mins.
- Serves 24
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded, mashed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp. additional flour
- As needed Avocado Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh California Avocado, peeled, pitted, pureed
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Cream together sugar and butter. Add the avocado and eggs and beat to incorporate. Mix in the buttermilk.
- Mix together the flour, spices and baking soda. Add them to the batter and mix well.
- Toss the raisins, walnuts and small amount of flour together. Add to the batter and mix in.
- Pour into mini cupcake pans lined with holders and bake at 350 until done and golden, about 15 to 18 minutes. Cool to room temperature before frosting.
Avocado Cream Cheese Frosting Preparation:
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in the pureed avocado.
- Beat in the powdered sugar, sour cream, and vanilla. Refrigerate.
Note: The shelf life of the frosting is 3 days.
Extra Fancy: Top each mini cupcake with a small slice of caramelized California Avocado. To caramelize an avocado simply peel, seed and slice the avocado. Press both sides of each avocado slice into granulated sugar. Sauté on medium in a little bit of oil in a non-stick sauté pan until the sugar is caramelized, flip and repeat on the other side. Voila!
🥑 Order premium California Avocados for this recipe from Rossi Ranch – delivered farm-fresh to your door!