Ranch-to-table recipe: The perfect weekend brunch – Avocado Quinoa Breakfast Bake. Its quinoa crust, ripe avocados, and Mediterranean flavors provide protein, calcium, vitamin A, and iron. Hello, brunch!
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 1 hour, 5 mins
- Total time: 1 hrs, 20 mins
- Serves 8
- Olive oil spray – as needed
- 8 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups nonfat (skim) milk
- 1/2 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled & diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped raw spinach
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed & drained
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Note: all dairy can be replaced with non-dairy options
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray quiche pan with olive oil spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk; stir in avocado, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, thyme, oregano, quinoa & salt.
- Pour into prepared quiche dish, cover tightly with foil, and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until set.
- Remove quiche from oven, remove foil, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and return to oven for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let quiche stand for 10 minutes prior to serving.
🥑 Order premium California Avocados for this recipe from Rossi Ranch – delivered farm-fresh to your door!